If you are thinking of building one of the many homes in Shakopee on lots that are available you might consider weighing the positives and negatives of new construction homes in Shakopee.
Positives to New Construction in Shakopee
- No one has ever lived in the home, clean slate
- everything is new (roof, siding, mechanicasl, etc)
- you have the entire history of the home
- Many new neighbors and friends to meet
- latest energy effient standards and code standards
- new current design layouts
- Taxes are not fully assessed yet
Negatives to New Construction in Shakopee
- Window treatments needed
- Landscaping needs to be finished
- no mature trees typically
- Might not have neighbors for a few years
- Dust and messy neighborhood during construction
Shakopee new construction also tends to be more expensive overall. If you look at the current Minnesota MLS data there are 37 active homes in Shakopee with an average list price of $306,392 and an average of 2,331 sqft. Existing homes in Shakopee have an average sales price of only $261,297 for single family homes in which there are 125 homes in Shakopee currently on the market and those homes in Shakopee had an average of 2,434 sqft.
Looking at pending homes in Shakopee there was even a lower average list price at$254,486 with 2,171 sqft for new construction, and an average sales price of $229,521 for the 32 existing homes in Shakopee with an average of 2,481 sqft.
Looking at the sold homesis hard to gage being many new construction Shakopee builders do not include their sold data in the Minnesota MLS. However taking the data from the Minnesota MLS we have, there were 86 new construction Shakopee homes sold with the last year with an average sales price of $259,297 and had an average of 2032 sqft. The 278 existing Shakopee homes in Shakopee that sold in 2010 averaged a sales price of $227,148 and had 2,333 sqft.